5 hrs 50 mins
5 hrs 30 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is so easy and it has a wonderful smell and taste. This is a great romantic meal, or just a meal to impress the inlaws.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 -4 lbs skinless chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 large purple onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons hot chili sauce
- 1 3/4 cups cooked black beans, with 2 tablespoons of liquid
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Brown the chicken on all sides in the oil. Remove the browned chicken to plate lined with paper towels.
- 3Sauté the onions in the pan drippings until limp and slightly brown, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute more. Return the chicken to the skillet and add the orange juice, stock, and chili sauce; cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- 4Add the black beans with liquid and bell pepper strips. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 5Add the rum, salt, and pepper; simmer another 15 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Orange-Chili Chicken With Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 817.2
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 290.7 mg
- Sodium 600.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 115.0 g