Found this in the Dallas Morning News and wanted to save. This recipes uses healthy pasta and reduced-fat ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box barillaplus rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon lime peel, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half (or grape tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, made with 2 percent milk, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix, use 1/2 package
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Rinse with cold water to cool and drain .
- 2In a small bowl whisk together the ranch salad dressing mix, buttermilk, fat-free milk, light mayo and light sour cream. Stir in lime juice, lime peel and taco seasoning mix.
- 3In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta with tomatoes, beans, cheese, green onions and green chilies. Pour dressing mixture over the salad and toss gently to mix.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.2
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.1 mg
- Sodium 132.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix