1/2 Photos of Southwest Macaroni and Jack Cheese Bake
The Southwest version of macaroni and cheese. For children you can use half plain and half jalapeno Monterrey Jack or just plain cheese. For a richer taste use half and half or light cream. For more spice use canned jalapenos instead of chili peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- 3Add milk and cream cheese to a large sauce pan, heat over medium high heat and stir until cheese melts.
- 4Add chili peppers, salt and cooked macaroni and stir to combine.
- 5Spoon half the macaroni into the baking dish and top with half the cheese.
- 6Add the remaining macaroni, cheese and top with the nacho chips.
- 7Bake 30-35 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Macaroni and Jack Cheese Bake
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.6
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 98.5 mg
- Sodium 597.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: