Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy week night throw it together in a hurry meal. Loved by kids and aduls alike. You can vary the spiciness by using hot/mild or regular Rotel
- 396.89 g box macaroni shells and cheese
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 14.79-29.58 ml taco seasoning
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 14.79-29.58 ml TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce (optional)
- 59.14 ml water
- 283.49 g can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 396.89 g can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 236.59 ml frozen corn kernels, thawed or 236.59 ml canned corn
- boil pasta shells according to package directions.
- brown ground beef in large saucepan or skillet with minced garlic and cumin.
- Drain fat.
- mix taco seasoning and water and pour over meat, stir well over medium/low.
- add rotel, beans, corn and Tabasco to pan and continue to cook over medium until all ingredients heated through.
- add pasta shells to pan and stir.
- pour cheese sauce from package over all and stir over medium until heated through.
- Serve with additional Tabasco to taste.
Wow! This was so good. We don't like black beans, so I used a can of plain chili beans, drained. I also added 1 zucchini cubed (cooked). I did not use the tabasco chipotle pepper sauce. All of the flavors went so well together and it is really easy to make. Thanks for sharing this one! We will make it often.
Successful and quick family meal - made for PAC 2008. We cannot get tinned black beans here so I used tinned mushrooms instead and plain tinned tomatoes - very yummy thank you.
This made for a good clean out the pantry meal. I used 1 lb of ground beef, a large bag of frozen corn and kidney beans (didn't have black beans), and replaced the garlic with garlic salt. We also used 2 packages of macaroni and cheese, and finally, I eyeballed the spices, and cooked everything down longer than called for. Very nice.