Recipe by Whatscooking?
This is an easy week night throw it together in a hurry meal. Loved by kids and aduls alike. You can vary the spiciness by using hot/mild or regular Rotel
Top Review by OceanLuvinGranny
Wow! This was so good. We don't like black beans, so I used a can of plain chili beans, drained. I also added 1 zucchini cubed (cooked). I did not use the tabasco chipotle pepper sauce. All of the flavors went so well together and it is really easy to make. Thanks for sharing this one! We will make it often.
- 1 (14 ounce) box macaroni shells and cheese
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 -2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -2 tablespoon TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed or 1 cup canned corn
Directions See How It's Made
- boil pasta shells according to package directions.
- brown ground beef in large saucepan or skillet with minced garlic and cumin.
- Drain fat.
- mix taco seasoning and water and pour over meat, stir well over medium/low.
- add rotel, beans, corn and Tabasco to pan and continue to cook over medium until all ingredients heated through.
- add pasta shells to pan and stir.
- pour cheese sauce from package over all and stir over medium until heated through.
- Serve with additional Tabasco to taste.