Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is what everyone always asks me to bring to the family reunion. Hope you like it too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) canchpd tomatoes, drained
- 10 -12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese, well drained
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup grated chedddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and drain.
- To meat, add cumin and next 6 ingredients; heat throughly.
- Cover the bottom and the sides of a 9x13 inch greased baking dish with part of the tortillas.
- Pour in beef mixture, and layer top with remaining tortillas.
- In separate bowl, combine cottage cheese, Monterey Jack and egg; Pour over second tortilla layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Make a diagonal strip across the center of the casserole with the grated Cheddar cheese.
- Working from the cheese to outer corners, make diagonal strips of lettuce, tomatoes, olives and end in corners with chopped green onions.