Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious and easy veggie burgers with a kick! Great for lunch or dinner!
Make and share this Southwest Jalapeno Veggie Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 6 tablespoons diced red onions
- 4 tablespoons diced black olives
- 5 tablespoons diced red peppers
- 4 tablespoons diced garlic
- 4 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons southwest jalapeno dip mix (gourmetcreations.net)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs or 4 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add 1 oz olive oil and all raw vegetables except beans. Saute until translucent. Remove and cool. Cook the oats according to oatmeal directions and let cool. Place beans in a mixing bowl and crush with a fork. Add all dry ingredients to mixing bowl and mix well. Add egg and mix well. Then add cooked veggies to mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into 4 medium sized thin patties, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. In saute pan add 1 oz olive oil, and cook patties on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes per side until browned. (Best if made pretty thin. The thicker they are the longer they will need to cook through) For a real spicy one, try the HABANERO!