Recipe by Joel
Contrasting flavors bring out the best in what is quickly becoming an American backyard favorite.
Top Review by ctrmom
We really enjoyed this different way to flavor and present salmon. The lime cilantro butter finishing sauce was particularly good. I would eat it on any seafood. I'd even eat it on chicken. Heck! I'd eat it on veggies. Or from a spoon. Yum!
- 2 lbs salmon fillets (skin on)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- For Salmon: Whisk together olive oil, cumin, chili powder and several chopped cilantro leaves, salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat flesh side of fish heavily with oil mixture and allow to marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Grill well marinated fish on high- skin side down- until just after fat begins to seep from salmon flesh.
- Fish should be cooked through, but still very moist.
- Before serving mix melted butter with juice from both limes and crushed and chopped cilantro leaves.
- Pour over salmon and serve immediately.
- This dish goes well with oven roasted asparagus or a tossed salad.