Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Contrasting flavors bring out the best in what is quickly becoming an American backyard favorite.
- 2 lbs salmon fillets (skin on)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- For Salmon: Whisk together olive oil, cumin, chili powder and several chopped cilantro leaves, salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat flesh side of fish heavily with oil mixture and allow to marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Grill well marinated fish on high- skin side down- until just after fat begins to seep from salmon flesh.
- Fish should be cooked through, but still very moist.
- Before serving mix melted butter with juice from both limes and crushed and chopped cilantro leaves.
- Pour over salmon and serve immediately.
- This dish goes well with oven roasted asparagus or a tossed salad.
We really enjoyed this different way to flavor and present salmon. The lime cilantro butter finishing sauce was particularly good. I would eat it on any seafood. I'd even eat it on chicken. Heck! I'd eat it on veggies. Or from a spoon. Yum!
This recipe is sooo good. I thought the spices in the recipe were going to be to spicy and they were perfect. This has the perfect flavor. I love the butter, cilantro, lime mixture poured over the top. I blended mine in a magic bullet. I will definitely share this with friends and use next time I make salmon! This is a must try.
This is such a great recipe. Easy and quick. I had it with a salad and layed in on wild rice with corn. This absorbed the butter/lime/cilantro flavor. I will surely make again.