Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is our summer regular. We like serving this when we have company because it is unique.
- 4 Hass avocadoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces gold & white corn, strained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces black beans, strained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, diced
- salt & pepper
- corn chips, to serve with
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Remove pits from avocados and brush first with lemon juice, then extra virgin olive oil.
- Place avocados skin side down on grill for 2 minutes, turn and grill for 2 more minutes.
- With a spatula, carefully remove avocados from grill and spoon salsa into seed pits.
How innovative! Hey I have a good idea. Consider applying for a patent. I'm sure it will snag you a boatload of money.
This was a super avocado recipe and a great way to incorporate some protein. Loved it and will probably make it during the winter in the oven as well.
This grilled avocado recipe was just as good as I expected and it's such a creative way to serve them. I made a couple of minor changes to the topping -- I used green onions vs. regular and I added a little dollop of sour cream to the top. Made for "For Your Consideration" tag game.