Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Nice creamy casserole for the slow cooker.
- 3 (14 ounce) cans white corn, drained (preferably shoepeg)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies (if you live in NM, use a pint of frozen, roasted, chopped green chile's like Bueno, I prefer mild)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 3 hours.
- This can also be baked in the oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
Need to drain the corn (it was too watery when we didn't) and make sure the cream cheese is softened before putting into the crockpot (although whisking it helped). I'd also add some onions next time and have some extra green chiles to add right before serving for a little extra kick.
Great dish. Simple and delicious, what more could you ask for? I used frozen white and golden corn and non-fat cream cheese. I also ommitted the butter, since I only made it for 2 servings.
This was so yummy!!! We ended up getting corn chips and eating the left overs cold as a dip.. it was awsome. Thanks.