Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious, spicy-sweet adult cookie!
Make and share this Southwest Gingersnap Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 ounces crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- sugar (for rolling)
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg, crystalized ginger and molasses and beat well.
- Combine flour, spices, salt and soda; add to creamed mixture until blended.
- Refrigerate dough for about 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Shape dough into small balls and roll in sugar.
- Bake for 13 minutes; remove promptly to rack to cool.