Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
What more can I say, this recipe comes courtesy Paula Deen. For a real treat, serve yourself a slice while it's still warm. If you use Splenda instead of sugar use the Splenda sugar blend for baking, It comes in a small yellow and orange bag.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups sugar or 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (you may use lemon or almond instead)
- Generously grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan: DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy; add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; alternately add flour mixture and heavy cream to the butter-sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour; stir in flavoring.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; PUT INTO COLD OVEN and set the temperature to 325°F Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes WITHOUT OPENING THE DOOR (DON'T PEEK); Bake an additional 15 minutes if necessary.
- Remove from the oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes, invert cake onto cake plate.
This is the best pound cake you'll ever make. I've made this and my favorite, traditional, sour cream, pound cake at the same time for a fundraiser and this recipe was SO much yummier. It's also great with a lemon glaze or raspberry compote on top!
Made this during the blizzard last week & I must say that I've made some really good Pound Cakes but this is the best one yet! Perfect color, flavor & very moist! My family loved it & I will definately make it again. Thank you!
great cake thank you for posting