Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
A Patio Party Treat!
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced & drained
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 salsa, of your choice
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine the crushed chips and butter and press into a 9" springform pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in the salt and eggs, one at a time until smooth.
- Fold in the shredded cheese and green chilies.
- Pour into the prepared crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine the sour cream and taco seasoning and pour over the hot cheesecake.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, garnish decoratively with the diced and chopped vegetables.
- A spiral pattern works nicely.
- Serve with accompanying salsa.