1/1 Photo of Southwest Cornbread Pudding
1 hr 30 mins
This dish is a cross between traditional cornbread and sweet corn pudding. It can be served as a side dish for brunch or dinner and as an alternate dressing at Thanksgiving. This dish took first place in a local cooking contest in Santa Barbara and will be featured on an upcoming episode of the Cooking Channel's Perfect 3 show with Kelsy Nixon, Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsweetened butter, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup masa harina
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 10 ounces creamed corn
- 10 ounces black beans, drained
- 2 ears corn, grilled and kernels removed
- 2 anaheim chilies
- 2 jalapeno peppers, grilled
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced crosswise for topping
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded sliced crosswise for topping
- 1 cup Mexican crema or 1 cup sour cream
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 deg.
- 2Coat a 9” x 13” baking pan with Pam.
- 3Grill the peppers until chared on all sides. Put in a non-reactive bowl, cover and let sweat for 30 minutes. Skin and seed, and coarsely chop.
- 4Mix together the first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 5Combine the next 7 ingredients in a large bowl and gradually stir in the wet ingredients.
- 6Add in the corn, beans, chilies, peppers and cheese and combine all ingredients.
- 7Pour into greased baking dish, and bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, place the sliced peppers on top and return to the oven for 10 minutes or until firm in the middle.
- 8Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- 9Cut into squares or scoop out and serve warm, garnish with a dollop of Mexican crema or the sour cream.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Cornbread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.1
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 415.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: