1 hr 10 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
I thought I had lost this recipe, found it on line, and am posting it here for safe-keeping. It's originally from a 2001 Bon Appetit and it's a delicious alternative to the usual turkey dressing. See my Buttermilk Cornbread for Buttermilk Cornbread to make this dressing.I plan on making it this year for my stepson's girlfriend who doesn't eat red meat or pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups fresh anaheim chilies, seeded and chopped (about 8 oz.)
- 1 1/4 cups fresh poblano peppers, seeded and chopped (about 8 oz.)
- 3 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 (1 lb) packages petite frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- buttermilk cornbread
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add all chilies; saute until beginning to soften, about 8 minutes.
- 3Stir in one package corn and the green onions.
- 4Transfer to very large bowl; mix in cilantro.
- 5Coarsley crumble corn bread into vegetable mixture; toss to blend.
- 6Blend second package of corn, eggs, sugar, salt and pepper in food processor to a coarse puree.
- 7Stir mixture into dressing.
- 8Add enough broth to dressing mixture to moisten slightly( 3/4 to 1 cup ).
- 9Generouly butter large baking dish; spoon dressing into prepared dish and cover with buttered foil, buttered side down.
- 10Bake dressing in dish at 350 degrees until heated through, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- 11Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes or until top of dressing is crisp and golden.
Browse Our Top Seasonal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Cornbread Dressing With Corn and Green Chilies
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.9
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.1 mg
- Sodium 573.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: