Canned corn,green chilies,jalapenos,green onions, mayo and sour cream. So.... easy. I found this is the Almost Homemade Gooseberry Cookbook, submitted by C.Snodgrass in Rolla, Mo. So easy, and so good. I have made a few Bakinbaby adjustments.
- 2 (11 ounce) cans corn mixed with chopped peppers (drained)
- 7 ounces green chilies (diced)
- 6 ounces jalapenos (chopped or drained-reserve juice)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Combine ingredients, do a taste test, if it needs more spice, add 1 teaspoons of the jalapeno juice or if you really like it hot, add 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper or more jalapenos.
- Flavor is better if allowed to set overnight or up to two days.
- Serve with corn chips.
Mmmmm, super creamy, super tasty and soooo moreish!!!! I made half the recipe and even though it still made a big amount of dip, it was devoured quickly, cause it was so good! I left out the green chilies using only the jalapenos and even so the dip was a little bit hotter than I had thought it would be. Next time I will further reduce the amount of jalapenos used. That said the heat was a great contrast to the sweetness of the corn and bell pepper (I used a yellow one). An absolutely yummy taste combination! I will most definitely make this dip over and over again as it is a real winner and crowd pleaser! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, BakingBaby! Made and reviewed for Everyday Is A Holiday Tag Game May 2010.
I so enjoyed this dip! I used corn fresh from the garden, just cut off the cob, not cooked. I left out the jalapenos and halved the recipe. It was so good! Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.