Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great light flavorful soup!
Make and share this Southwest Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 3⁄4 cup picante sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- shredded monterey jack cheese (optional)
- Cut boneless,skinless chicken breasts into cubes.
- In a 3 quart sauce pan cook chicken and onion in oil until juices run clear.Stir in cumin.
- Add broth,corn,picante sauce, and peppers and bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water-stirring until smooth.Stir cornstarch mixture into soup.Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir occasionally for 25-35 minute or until slightly thickened.Serve topped with cheese if desired.