Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this in cookbook my grandmother gave me awhile back. Its really easy and tasty. I typically replace the canned corn with about a cup of frozen since I tend to have that on hand more than I do canned corn.
- 1⁄2 lb sausage links, cut to 1/4-in . slices (spicier sausages are better)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut to 1x2-in pieces
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2⁄3 cup chunky salsa
- 15 1⁄4 ounces corn
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- Brown sausage in a 10-in. skillet, remove.
- Brown chicken in the skillet, remove.
- Add oil to pan and saute peppers for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken, cooked sausage, and salsa to skillet, simmer for 3 minutes.
- Lower heat.
- Add corn and cream.
- Continue cooking until heated through.
Made this for Spring PAC 2014 and this is an easy and tasty meal. I had the items here at home and I did add some slivered onions and minced garlic to the pepper mixture and sauteed for a few minutes and also I seasoned the chicken before browning with some Mexican spice. I used spicy salsa and DH definately wants this again. Served this over brown rice. Thank you for posting.
This was really yummy and easy to put together. It seemed to be missing need something more, so I served it with rice and sprinkled with Mexican blend cheese.