Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This unique recipe comes from my Arizona Cookbook. Cumin, fresh vegtables and dressing makes this a hit especially during our HOT Arizona summers. Ingredients are almost always on hand.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole kernel corn (drained)
- 3 medium roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper (diced)
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- hot sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper and adjust seasoning to your taste,possibly adding hot sauce to bring corn and tomatoes to a spicy level.
- Cool and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
My husband really liked this salad. I, however, found the cumin just a bit to overpowering and will decrease the amount to 2 tsp. next time. Very refreshing. Made for Photo Tag. :)
Made for Everyday is a Holiday! This is a fabulous salad and great for those hot summer night when you really don't want to cook. All of us thoroughly enjoyed it ~ even DD who sometimes turns up her nose at things like this tried it. It was nice and refreshing and the mix of flavors was great. I did use frozen corn that I had thawed instead of canned corn. I think this would also be good with a squeeze of lime juice! Thanks for posting this BB!
I just whipped this up for DH's lunch. I used cayenne pepper instead of hot sauce. He enjoyed the taste but thought there was a little too much mayo. Next time I will use about 2/3rds of what it calls for. Made for Newest Zaar Tag