Recipe by Nickeletta
A Quick Cooking recipe.... I'm a bit surprised I didn't find this already posted. I love chowders in the fall and winter when the weather is chilly!
Top Review by blakems
The 1st recipe I ever chose to that was aweful!. The ingredients sounded tempting to me but the chowder was very bland and had a "turn off" texture. Good thing I didn't double the recipe it like I almost did.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onion and bacon until crisp.
- Stir in the flour, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in hashbrowns, broth, cream corn, Mexicorn and chilies.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 10 mintes or until heated through.
- Garnish with sour cream if desired.