1/1 Photo of Southwest Chopped Salad (Healthy!)
This is a very good salad--nice to have the southwest flavor and still have the healthy benefits. Only 2 tsp olive oil!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced jicama (I left this out)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped (about 2 tsp)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt
- 1If using fresh corn, either grill the corn on an outdoor grill, roast in the oven or cook briefly in boiling water.
- 2Slice the kernels from the cobs.
- 3(If using frozen corn, thaw it under cool running water.) In a large bowl, combine corn, bell peppers, jícama, if you decide to use it, and black beans.
- 4In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, mirin, olive oil, chipotles, cilantro, cumin and salt.
- 5Pour over the vegetables and toss to mix.
- 6Chill for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- 7Garnish with a few cilantro leaves before serving.
Browse Our Top Lime Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chopped Salad (Healthy!)
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.4
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo