- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced green chilis
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 9-inch-square baking pan with the cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the flour mixture, chiles, corn and Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. Pour into the baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Yield: 6 servings.