Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for the oven or a charcoal grill. The grill gives it that added flavor.
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 2 inch by 1/2 inch sticks
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- Flatten chicken to 1/8th inch thickness. Place a cheese stick down the middle of each; top with chilies. Roll up and tuck in ends. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl; combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, chili powder, salt and cumin.
- Coat chicken with flour, then dip in butter and roll in crumb mixture.
- Place wraps, seam side down, in a greased 13 inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- If you choose to grill, place on rack for about 15 minutes or until chicken is slightly crisp.