1/2 Photos of Southwest Chicken with Chipotle Cream
Sue Lau's Note:
Adjust the chiles to your taste: add as many as you can tolerate! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g chicken legs with thigh
- 177.44 ml milk
- 3 canned chipotle chiles
- 6 clove garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 22.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 226.79 g queso cheese, grated (monterrey jack ok)
- minced chipotle chile (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place chicken in an ovenproof baking dish, and place in preheated oven, and bake for 25 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine milk, canned chipotles, garlic, cumin, onion powder, and salt in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- 4Heat butter and flour in a large skillet and blend until smooth; add heavy cream and sour cream, whisking until smooth.
- 5Stir in chipotle puree, and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens; remove from heat.
- 6After chicken has baked 25 minutes, remove from oven and drain any fat.
- 7Pour chipotle cream over chicken and top with grated queso cheese.
- 8Replace chicken in oven and bake for about 20 minutes more, or until cheese just starts to brown.
- 9Remove from oven and serve with extra sauce spooned over chicken and garnished with minced chipotle chiles, if desired.
- 10Goes good with steamed rice (and extra sauce on top).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chicken with Chipotle Cream
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1068.1
- Calories from Fat 690
- Total Fat 76.7 g
- Saturated Fat 33.5 g
- Cholesterol 388.8 mg
- Sodium 1208.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 76.7 g