1/2 Photos of Southwest Chicken with Chipotle Cream
Sue Lau's Note:
Adjust the chiles to your taste: add as many as you can tolerate! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken legs with thigh
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 canned chipotle chiles
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces queso cheese, grated (monterrey jack ok)
- minced chipotle chile (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place chicken in an ovenproof baking dish, and place in preheated oven, and bake for 25 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine milk, canned chipotles, garlic, cumin, onion powder, and salt in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- 4Heat butter and flour in a large skillet and blend until smooth; add heavy cream and sour cream, whisking until smooth.
- 5Stir in chipotle puree, and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens; remove from heat.
- 6After chicken has baked 25 minutes, remove from oven and drain any fat.
- 7Pour chipotle cream over chicken and top with grated queso cheese.
- 8Replace chicken in oven and bake for about 20 minutes more, or until cheese just starts to brown.
- 9Remove from oven and serve with extra sauce spooned over chicken and garnished with minced chipotle chiles, if desired.
- 10Goes good with steamed rice (and extra sauce on top).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chicken with Chipotle Cream
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1068.1
- Calories from Fat 690
- Total Fat 76.7 g
- Saturated Fat 33.5 g
- Cholesterol 388.8 mg
- Sodium 1208.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 76.7 g