Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious and Healthy Chicken Soup Southwest Style.
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomato juice
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained plus
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- favorite chili seasoning mix (i use Chili-O)
- 1⁄4 cup newmans own southwest salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 3 tablespoons tomato juice, from pot
- favorite tortilla chips (I use white corn)
- Add tomato juice to large soup pot. Mix with packet chili seasoning. Add chicken breasts and cook on medium heat, covered, until chicken is fully cooked. Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Return to pot with onion, pepper, beans, tomatos and water, corn and parsley. Cook about 15 minutes covered on low to blend flavors.
- Remove from heat and add cornstarch mixture and dressing. Mix until fully blended.
- Ladel into serving bowls and serve with tortilla chips to crush on top.
- Delicious! Enjoy!