Chef #1149821's Note:
Delicious and Healthy Chicken Soup Southwest Style.
My Private Note
soup po ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomato juice
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained plus
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- favorite chili seasoning mix (i use Chili-O)
- 1/4 cup newmans own southwest salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 3 tablespoons tomato juice, from pot
- favorite tortilla chips (I use white corn)
- 1Add tomato juice to large soup pot. Mix with packet chili seasoning. Add chicken breasts and cook on medium heat, covered, until chicken is fully cooked. Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Return to pot with onion, pepper, beans, tomatos and water, corn and parsley. Cook about 15 minutes covered on low to blend flavors.
- 2Remove from heat and add cornstarch mixture and dressing. Mix until fully blended.
- 3Ladel into serving bowls and serve with tortilla chips to crush on top.
- 4Delicious! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.8
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 865.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 27.8 g