Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a recipe I adapted from a Betty Crocker recipe. You can cut back on the Cajun seasoning if desired or for the more adventuresome add some fresh chiles to taste near the end of cooking time.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 -2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place in crock pot and cook covered on low for 7-8 hours.
- Ladle in bowls and add garnish if desired.
Another dip in the temperature and I was seeking a soup that could warm me in temperature and taste. This tasty dish had it all, good flavors, textures and tastes. I used 1 tablespoon of Recipe #92066 and also added 1/2 can of hatch chilis leftover from another dish. Other than that made as directed and finished with 11 cups of heart and body warming soup. (Contrary to the NI on Zaar this was 4 points when run through the WW Recipe Builder.)