Recipe by Leahjoy
Southwest chicken soup with black beans and corn. Real comfort food yummy for the fall/winter.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans (rinsed &drained)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cook chicken in non stick skillet until done. Salt and pepper to taste. 2. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic.
- Cook until veggies are tender.
- 3. In a large sauce pan add chicken broth, corn, rinsed and drained black beans, canned tomatoes, lime juice.
- 4. Bring to a boil.
- 5. Add seasonings: cumin, pepper, italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. add chicken and veggies from skillet, bring to a boil.
- 6. Serve with cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips.