Recipe by chef 1026044
This was given to me by my sister in law, and it's become a family favorite
Top Review by Starrynews
Great soup! I omitted the salt and used some salsa as I was out of tomatoes. The flavor was wonderful. Thanks for sharing! Edited to add: I tried it again with tomatoes, as directed, and it was excellent again. I love how quick and simple this is to prepare!
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g boneless chicken breasts, cut up
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 425.24 g canundrained corn kernels
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 411.06 g can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 18 inch corn tortillas, halved and cut in to strips
- 226.79 g container sour cream
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil to medium in large soup pot.
- Brown meat, onion, garlic and spices.
- Add all canned ingredients and bring to low boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Bake Tortillas at 450 degrees on baking sheet for 5 minutes - watch carefully so as not to burn.
- Place a pile of chips in soup bowl. Ladle in soup, top with sour cream and cheese.