This was given to me by my sister in law, and it's become a family favorite
Make and share this Southwest Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breasts, cut up
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) canundrained corn kernels
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 18 inches corn tortillas, halved and cut in to strips
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oil to medium in large soup pot.
- Brown meat, onion, garlic and spices.
- Add all canned ingredients and bring to low boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Bake Tortillas at 450 degrees on baking sheet for 5 minutes - watch carefully so as not to burn.
- Place a pile of chips in soup bowl. Ladle in soup, top with sour cream and cheese.