1/2 Photos of Southwest Chicken Soup
chef 1026044's Note:
This was given to me by my sister in law, and it's become a family favorite
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breasts, cut up
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can undrained corn kernels
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 18 inches corn tortillas, halved and cut in to strips
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Heat oil to medium in large soup pot.
- 2Brown meat, onion, garlic and spices.
- 3Add all canned ingredients and bring to low boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- 5Bake Tortillas at 450 degrees on baking sheet for 5 minutes - watch carefully so as not to burn.
- 6Place a pile of chips in soup bowl. Ladle in soup, top with sour cream and cheese.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.3
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Sodium 878.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 22.9 g