Recipe by gailanng
The bright fresh flavors of the components of the salad are finished off with the most simple but super flavorful dressing.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Dressing
- 3 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 romaine lettuce, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mix together the chili powder, salt, garlic powder, oregano, cumin and olive oil.
- Slather the rub all over the chicken breasts. Refrigerate seasoned breasts for about 30 minutes.
- Grill the chicken for about 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken. When the juices run clear, the chicken should be cooked through. Allow to rest a few minutes before slicing.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper.
- To assemble the salad, start with placing at the bottom of a bowl the romaine and top with tomato, avocado, red onion and black beans, to taste.
- Place over the top of the salad the sliced grilled chicken. Drizzle with the prepared lime dressing.