Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
This is a copycat from McDonalds..I went in a hunt for this recipe since I became obsessed with it. My obsession started because I added a chopped avocado to my McDonalds purchased salad and it was heaven. I got this from recipelink.com, the avocado is optional since it's not in MD's salad but sooo recomended. The dressing that the salad comes with is Paul Newman's Natural Southwest dressing, so sub that if you find it at the store if you don't want to make it from scratch.
Top Review by Lynn in MA
I never heard of marinating a chicken breast or any other type of meat, poulty or seafood AFTER grilling/cooking. I would marinate the chicken breast (whole) for this salad for at least a couple of hours and then grill it. I would slice it just before topping the salad.
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cilantro
FOR THE SALAD
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 4 ounces grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped poblano peppers (or any mild green pepper)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canned sweet corn
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canned black beans
- 2 tablespoons shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrot (or to be authentic shaved carrots, or very thinly sliced)
- 3 -5 baked Doritos, crushed
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons fat free ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash cumin
- 1 -2 chopped avocado
- quartered lime (to squeeze over the salad)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together marinade ingredients in a small bowl -- add chicken and coat it in the marinade. Set aside.
- In a pan spritzed with nonstick spray, cook tomatoes and corn over high heat until slightly charred.
- Place lettuce in a bowl, and top with marinated chicken, tomatoes and corn, chopped pepper, and black beans. Sprinkle with cheese and chips. Add the chopped avocados.
- In a small dish, combine all of the dressing ingredients with 1 teaspoons water.
- Mix in the dressing, squeeze some lime and enjoy!