Recipe by Verelucky
This is great, cool & tasty salad for the summer, easy to bring to a cookout. Just wait until you're there to add the Dorito chips so they don't get soggy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken, shredded
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (such as McCormick's, or any brand)
- 1 (14 ounce) canof sliced black olives, drained
- 4 tomatoes, cut up
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles Catalina dressing
- 1 (15 ounce) bagof dorito's nacho chips, hand crushed. (not sure on the actual ounces, the large party size bag)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breasts until done, approx 20 minutes, cool and shred chicken.
- Mix together the taco seasoning mix with the oil, water and lemon juice in a bowl, add chicken and marinade for 30 minutes. Drain when done.
- In large salad bowl mix all ingredients together. Serve.
- Note: You can also cook the chicken on the grill rather than boil.
- Also if your bringing to a cookout, don't add the crushed Dorito's until you get there!
- Cooking time is marinating time for the chicken.