Recipe by Pam-I-Am
A hearty comfort-food dinner with a little zing. If you like more heat in yours, use pepper-jack cheese instead of regular monterey jack cheese. Cuts into nice square servings. Serve with a green salad and dinner's complete!
Top Review by jnpj
This is such a delicious and different casserole! I loved how it wasn't like any other casserole I have ever had. It comes out spicy, creamy, and cheesy! We ate it all up fast. Thanks!
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped (medium size)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, seeded and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 2 quart or 8x8 casserole dish.
- Prepare rice as directed to make 2 cups of cooked rice.
- Saute 2 chicken breasts in a shallow pan using olive oil, salt and pepper until done. Chop chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Pour mixture into greased (or sprayed) casserole dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.