1/2 Photos of Southwest Chicken & Rice Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
A hearty comfort-food dinner with a little zing. If you like more heat in yours, use pepper-jack cheese instead of regular monterey jack cheese. Cuts into nice square servings. Serve with a green salad and dinner's complete!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped (medium size)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 2 quart or 8x8 casserole dish.
- 2Prepare rice as directed to make 2 cups of cooked rice.
- 3Saute 2 chicken breasts in a shallow pan using olive oil, salt and pepper until done. Chop chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- 4Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Pour mixture into greased (or sprayed) casserole dish.
- 5Bake for 40 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chicken & Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 174.1 mg
- Sodium 614.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 29.2 g