Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that I picked up from somewhere, but I can't remember the place. I think it was in a magazine that was featuring Southern recipes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 12 inches prepared pizza crust
- shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
salsa (use 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, chopped
dressing for salsa
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400. Heat oil in 10" skillet over med-hi heat. Cook chicken, onion, bell pepper, chili powder, and salt in oil about 8 min, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink (this could be done on the grill too.just marinate chicen pieces for a couple hours and grill for about 15-20 min).
- Sprinkle tomato over pizza crust. Top with chicken mixture. Place on ungreased cookie sheet or pizza pan. Bake 12-15 min or until hot. Top with warmed salsa and shredded pepperjack cheese; put back in oven for a few min until cheese is melted. Serve with guacamole, and sour cream.
- Directions for salsa:.
- Cut eggplant, zucchini, and squash lengthwise into 1/2" slices. Combine 2 tbsp worcest. sauce and 2 tbsp oil in small bowl, mix well. Brush vegies with oil mixture. Place vegies on grid. Grill over hot coals about 5 min or until vegies are tender, turning often.
- Cut vegies into chunks. Place in large bowl with tomatoes and olives. Combine dressing over vegies; toss well to coat evenly. Serve with above recipe. or chill and have it along side other grilled meats.