1/1 Photo of Southwest Chicken Pasta
A quick meal with lots of flavors!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces salsa (about 2 cups at your desired spice level)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Add 2 1/2 tsp of salt and penne to the boiling water. Cook according to package directions.
- 3Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining 1/2 tsp of salt and the oregano.
- 4Cut the chicken across the short side to create strips.
- 5Heat the olive oil in a wide skillet over high heat.
- 6When the oil is hot, add the chicken.
- 7Spread it out into a single layer.
- 8Then add the sliced peppers.
- 9Cook without stirring for about 5 min - you would like the chicken to brown a little bit. If it seems as if it will burn, stir it.
- 10Add the salsa, stir and cook for about 5 more min or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 11Remove the skillet from the heat.
- 12Stir in the sour cream.
- 13Spoon cooked penne into a serving bowl or onto plates.
- 14Top with the chicken mixture.
- 15Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired, and a little of the shredded cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chicken Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 806.2
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 120.7 mg
- Sodium 2773.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 43.9 g