Recipe by ColoradoCookin'
Another recipe from my catering biz, it's a big hit at weddings. Requested frequently. You'll find with my recipes a plethora of chicken recipes, my husband has a very high iron content and can't eat anything except for chicken and turkey. Hope you like this one, it's made to serve 16, 1.5 cup servings.
Top Review by Mrs Majors
I have made this twice now and it has turned out great each time - especially if your family likes mexican flavor! I used canned chicken and no-boil lasagna noodles. The second time I made this, my husband asked me to increase the cheese a bit so I used 6 cups of mexican blend shredded cheese. I also used orange and yellow sweet peppers instead of red / green and that worked well too.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages lasagna noodles
- cottage cheese, mixture
- 4 eggs
- 6 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 2⁄3 cup chopped parsley
- 6 tablespoons canned diced green chili peppers
- lasagna noodle
- 2 cups chopped onions (I use dry)
- 2 sweet red peppers, chopped (green is fine also)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (4 tsp. canned)
- 4 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups cooked chicken breasts, torn into bite-size pieces (you can use canned)
- 3 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups finely shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to directions, drain and set aside.
- For the cottage cheese mixture, mix all ingredients and set aside.
- To make the lasagna: Lightly spray a dutch oven with cooking spray, add onions, peppers and garlic. Cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in the soup, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin and black pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray 2 13x9 pans, with no stick spray.
- To assemble, cover bottom with lasagna noodles, 1/4 of cottage cheese next, then 1/4 of sauce mix, 2 cups of chicken and 1/4 each of cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses. Repeat with next layer.
- Cover pan with foil; repeat with second pan, cover that pan with foil also.
- Place both pans in the oven and bake for 55 minutes. Let stand 20 minutes before cutting and placing in containers, and or serving.