Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve these elegant little bites as an unforgettable appetizer before any meal or as hors d'oeuvres for a more formal gathering.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 4 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1⁄3 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 3⁄4 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 30 white corn chips, e.g.Tostitos scoops
- Preheat oil in medium skillet on medium heat.
- Add the minced red pepper and green onion to oil and saute two minutes.
- Add diced chicken and toss together.
- Add the black beans, spinach, corn, jalapeno, cilantro, chili powder, and Tabasco.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring to blend all ingredients throughout the mixture.
- Remove from heat and add the cheese, stirring as the cheese melts.
- Salt to taste.
- Remove 30 (give or take one or two) unbroken Tostitos scoops from the bag.
- Using a teaspoon, gently round the spoon with filling and scrape out onto the scoops (shells).
- Arrange on a foil lined pan. Cover with foil, refrigerate.
- 10 minutes before serving, PREHEAT oven to 450°.
- Bake uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes, watching closely.
Made these Hors D'oeuvres last night at a diner party and everyone really enjoyed them. They are really tasted, and everyone enjoyed the fact that they are also healthy! Great recipe thanks alot for posting.