1/1 Photo of Southwest Chicken Hors D'oeuvres
Serve these elegant little bites as an unforgettable appetizer before any meal or as hors d'oeuvres for a more formal gathering.
My Private Note
hors d' ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 4 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 3/4 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 30 white corn chips, e.g.Tostitos scoops
- 1Preheat oil in medium skillet on medium heat.
- 2Add the minced red pepper and green onion to oil and saute two minutes.
- 3Add diced chicken and toss together.
- 4Add the black beans, spinach, corn, jalapeno, cilantro, chili powder, and Tabasco.
- 5Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring to blend all ingredients throughout the mixture.
- 6Remove from heat and add the cheese, stirring as the cheese melts.
- 7Salt to taste.
- 8Remove 30 (give or take one or two) unbroken Tostitos scoops from the bag.
- 9Using a teaspoon, gently round the spoon with filling and scrape out onto the scoops (shells).
- 10Arrange on a foil lined pan. Cover with foil, refrigerate.
- 1110 minutes before serving, PREHEAT oven to 450°.
- 12Bake uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes, watching closely.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chicken Hors D'oeuvres
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.3
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 97.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: