Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The salsa is the key to these tasty burgers so don't skimp on that; it has a flavor that just can't be tamed!
For the Salsa
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced fine
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
For the Burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- Cook sweet corn until just crisp and place in a bowl with the remaining salsa ingredients; stir to mix well; chill before serving.
- Combine ingredients for burgers and form into 4 patties; cook about 4-5 minutes per side over med-high heat or until cooked through.
- Serve on toasted kaiser rolls with lettuce, cheese and salsa; additional salsa may be served along side.
These burgers and salsa were awesome. This was our dinner last night. The burgers had a zesty flavor but the salsa is the thing that gets your attention. Very colorful and bursting with flavor. We all sure enjoyed them. Creative and delicious.
Excellent burgers. I didn't have any black beans so I just omitted them and they were fine. Salsa was wonderful. Will be making again soon.
Fun and delicious! A great, great recipe created with imagination!