Recipe by jovigirl
This is a great low-carb dish that makes you feel like you're eating something bad for you :) Its simple and very tasty!
Top Review by Demandy
Very tasty and not difficult. I used the same amount of filling for about 1.5 lbs of boneless skinless breasts. That came with three breasts. I didn't have monterey jack so I used american cheese with the cream cheese instead with some diced green chilies in a can. I didn't need the sauce for it, it was plenty flavorful as is!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 3 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 slices bacon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup ranch dressing, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup mild salsa, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove protective ice glaze from breasts by holding under lukewarm running water for 1 minute Pat dry.
- Place each breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Working from center to edges, pound lightly with flat side of meat mallet to 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove wrap.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash hands.
- Combine cheeses.
- Divide into 6 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Fold one chicken breast around cheese ball to form a bundle.
- Lay 2 pieces of bacon in the form of an X.
- Place bundle in the center of the cross and bring ends up to meet on top and secure with toothpicks.
- (You are wrapping the chicken in the bacon) Repeat with remaining chicken and bacon.
- Place bundles in 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven about 30 minutes or until tender and no longer pink.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Broil bundles 3 to 5 minutes or until bacon is browned.
- Remove bundles from oven and remove toothpicks.
- Mix ranch and salsa.
- Pour mixture in center of a serving plate and place chicken on the plate for serving.