Recipe by bratty
I made this up one evening, when I had chicken breasts thawed out, and some cilantro that I needed to use fairly soon. We both enjoyed it a lot. You may serve this over rice, or not...your call.
Top Review by LW Taylor
This was very good but I did make some changes. I used bone-in chicken breasts,so I browned them longer and then put them in the microwave for 8 min to make sure they were done.I increased the amt of chicken broth to 1 1/2 cups. I never did see what the 1 T. of butter was for so I just omitted it and I used plain Cheddar cheese.Also,I added some Cajun seasoning to the flour mixture that coated the chicken. Very good dish---thanks!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup flour, seasoned with
- ranch dressing mix
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour in a small bowl, and add about 1/3 of a package of ranch dressing mix to flour.
- Also add salt and pepper if you wish.
- In a medium pan, add olive oil, and heat oil.
- Flour both chicken breasts in ranch flour mixture, and add to oil.
- Brown chicken on both sides until crispy.
- Remove chicken from pan and place on paper towel to drain any extra oil.
- Add chicken broth, sliced onion, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of flour mixture to the pan.
- Heat until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes or so.
- Add chicken back to the pan.
- Stir the cilantro and green onion into the mixture.
- Cover pan, and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Top chicken breasts with cheese and cover pan for another minute, or until cheese melts.
- Serve chicken over rice if you prefer, and pour sauce over chicken breasts.