I made this up one evening, when I had chicken breasts thawed out, and some cilantro that I needed to use fairly soon. We both enjoyed it a lot. You may serve this over rice, or not...your call.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flour in a small bowl, and add about 1/3 of a package of ranch dressing mix to flour.
- 2Also add salt and pepper if you wish.
- 3In a medium pan, add olive oil, and heat oil.
- 4Flour both chicken breasts in ranch flour mixture, and add to oil.
- 5Brown chicken on both sides until crispy.
- 6Remove chicken from pan and place on paper towel to drain any extra oil.
- 7Add chicken broth, sliced onion, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of flour mixture to the pan.
- 8Heat until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes or so.
- 9Add chicken back to the pan.
- 10Stir the cilantro and green onion into the mixture.
- 11Cover pan, and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- 12Top chicken breasts with cheese and cover pan for another minute, or until cheese melts.
- 13Serve chicken over rice if you prefer, and pour sauce over chicken breasts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (837 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 701.9
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 118.3 mg
- Sodium 881.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 44.5 g