1/1 Photo of Southwest Chicken Breast
3 hrs 20 mins
Jackie #6's Note:
A little more work than your usual grilled chicken, but worth the effort.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, snipped or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6 halves
- 2 small avocados, pitted, peeled & chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons green chili peppers, seeded & finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1For marinade: Combine wine, oil, tarragon & salt. Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in plastic bag set into a shallow dish. Add marinade; seal bag. Turn chicken to coat well. Chill for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 2Meanwhile, combine avocados, tomato, garlic, chili peppers (I usually used the canned ones), onions, cilantro, honey & lemon juice. Toss well to mix. Cover & chill up to 2 hours.
- 3Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Grill chicken on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 minute Turn chicken & brush with marinade; grill for 7 to 10 minutes more or until chicken is tender & no longer pink. Serve with avocado mixture.
- 4To grill by indirect heat: Arrange preheated coals around a drip pan in a covered grill. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place chicken on grill over drip pan. Cover & grill for 15 to 18 minutes or until chicken is tender & no longer pink, brushing with marinade up to the last 5 minutes of grilling.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.8
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 165.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 23.5 g