Recipe by Jackie #6
A little more work than your usual grilled chicken, but worth the effort.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this with 4 large chicken breast halves then stuck with the recipe for the rest of the ingredients, EXCEPT that I use just 1 avocado & 2 tomatoes! Definietly worth the effort here ~ Thanks for sharing A GREAT RECIPE! [Tagged, made & reviewed for the ZINGO part of ZWT5]
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, snipped or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6 halves
- 2 small avocados, pitted, peeled & chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons green chili peppers, seeded & finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- For marinade: Combine wine, oil, tarragon & salt. Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in plastic bag set into a shallow dish. Add marinade; seal bag. Turn chicken to coat well. Chill for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine avocados, tomato, garlic, chili peppers (I usually used the canned ones), onions, cilantro, honey & lemon juice. Toss well to mix. Cover & chill up to 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Grill chicken on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 minute Turn chicken & brush with marinade; grill for 7 to 10 minutes more or until chicken is tender & no longer pink. Serve with avocado mixture.
- To grill by indirect heat: Arrange preheated coals around a drip pan in a covered grill. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place chicken on grill over drip pan. Cover & grill for 15 to 18 minutes or until chicken is tender & no longer pink, brushing with marinade up to the last 5 minutes of grilling.