Top Review by KeyWee
This soup is spicy and delicious! I didn't change anything except to add two cans of diced tomatoes (I just like lots of them!) instead of one. For the seasoning salt I used Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning - yum - this kicked up the heat a bit - perfect! My only complaint is that the recipe didn't make enough - will probably double next time. And I haven't tried it with the "Crunchy Strips" yet - I will really be hooked on it then!! Thanks, CV7!!
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, strips
- 425.24 g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (595.33 g) can chicken broth
- 3 (1275.72 g) can black beans
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 6-8 slice jalapeno peppers (the pickled kind from a jar)
- 29.58 ml margarine
- season salt (I used Emeril's Southwest)
- 1 bay leaf
- 0.25 ml tarragon
- 0.25 ml oregano
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized skillet cook chicken that's been seasoned with seasoned salt until done and no longer pink.
- Dice and set aside.
- Finely chop bell peppers, onion and jalapeño slices in food processor or by hand if you like larger pieces.
- Combine all peppers, onion and jalapeño and add lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Melt margarine in a large stock pot.
- Sauté pepper and onion mixture until soft.
- Add can of crushed tomatoes, stirring.
- Add three cans of black beans, undrained.
- Add chicken to pot, stirring carefully; then add chicken broth to soup and stir.
- Next, add bay leaf, about a teaspoon of season salt, tarragon and cinnamon.
- Let simmer until flavors are combined and peppers and onion are soft and tender about one hour, or until it smells so good you cannot wait.
- Serve with Recipe #43730.