1/5 Photos of Southwest Chicken Black Bean Soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, strips
- 425.24 g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (595.33 g) can chicken broth
- 3 (1275.72 g) can black beans
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 6-8 slice jalapeno peppers (the pickled kind from a jar)
- 29.58 ml margarine
- season salt (I used Emeril's Southwest)
- 1 bay leaf
- 0.25 ml tarragon
- 0.25 ml oregano
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 1In a medium sized skillet cook chicken that's been seasoned with seasoned salt until done and no longer pink.
- 2Dice and set aside.
- 3Finely chop bell peppers, onion and jalapeño slices in food processor or by hand if you like larger pieces.
- 4Combine all peppers, onion and jalapeño and add lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- 5Melt margarine in a large stock pot.
- 6Sauté pepper and onion mixture until soft.
- 7Add can of crushed tomatoes, stirring.
- 8Add three cans of black beans, undrained.
- 9Add chicken to pot, stirring carefully; then add chicken broth to soup and stir.
- 10Next, add bay leaf, about a teaspoon of season salt, tarragon and cinnamon.
- 11Let simmer until flavors are combined and peppers and onion are soft and tender about one hour, or until it smells so good you cannot wait.
- 12Serve with Crunchy Strips.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chicken Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.0
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 833.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 50.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: