Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was looking for somthing different with chicken for Soup Time after church and found this in one of my mothers cookbooks. It went over great. To make cooking time go faster on Sunday morning I prepare everything the night before.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup pearl barley, med
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- Saute onion and garlic in oil.
- Add the next 10 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minute.
- Stir in chicken cook 15 minutes more.