Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe from Everyday Food magazine. Definitely a go to recipe for a light and easy dinner in the summer, lunch, or to take for pot-lucks and BBQs. I always get asked for the recipe. Serves 4 as a main dish and 8 as a side dish.
- 1 cup brown rice or 1 cup white rice, long grain
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Spread on a baking sheet, refrigerate until cool.
- Place cooled rice in a large bowl, add chicken, beans, tomatoes, green onions, jalapeno, vinegar, oil, and cumin.
- Season with salt and pepper, toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to one day.