This is a recipe from Everyday Food magazine. Definitely a go to recipe for a light and easy dinner in the summer, lunch, or to take for pot-lucks and BBQs. I always get asked for the recipe. Serves 4 as a main dish and 8 as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown rice or 1 cup white rice, long grain
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1Cook rice according to package directions. Spread on a baking sheet, refrigerate until cool.
- 2Place cooled rice in a large bowl, add chicken, beans, tomatoes, green onions, jalapeno, vinegar, oil, and cumin.
- 3Season with salt and pepper, toss to combine.
- 4Serve immediately or refrigerate up to one day.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chicken and Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.2
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 134.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 52.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar