Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband came up with this recipe, and it is one of the best things I have ever eaten. I can eat leftovers of this every day, and I hate leftovers. And it's so easy, it's silly.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet southwest seasoning (Southwest Marinade Seasoning Mix)
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce (we like Bertolli)
- 4 cups bow tie pasta
- Combine seasoning packet, water, vinegar and oil with chicken and toss to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
- Place chicken in skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, discarding excess marinade.
- Cook chicken on medium until no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Boil pasta in water for 15 minutes or until soft. Drain.
- Add alfredo sauce to pasta and heat through.
- Serve pasta with chicken on top!
I found a recipe for the Southwest seasoning at the culinary cafe site
We make this dish frequently with a variation of Creole seasoning. It is very good if you blacken the chicken on the grill too. Quick and Good.