Recipe by littlevanillabeans
A good chicken recipe i got from a magazine and wanted to remember. It lists cayenne pepper and jalapenos in the ingredients. When i made it i substituted chilli powder and omitted the jalapenos all together.
Top Review by elinor_ochoa
Thank you for posting this quick, easy and very flavorful meal! The chicken cooked up so tender that my family could cut it with a fork. The sour cream is a must as it cools what is a slightly spicy dish (depending on the salsa you use). I'll definitely make this again!!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thickness. Sprinkle with cumin and cayenne. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, combine corn and salsa; spoon over chicken. Top with cheese and jalapenos. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Top each chicken breast with sour cream.