Recipe by bmcnichol
Grilling season is fast approaching. This is one of my OAMC recipes that we love to cook on the grill. Adapted from Southern Living.
Top Review by loof
Great grilled chicken rub! We especially liked the addition of the cocoa; it gave the seasoning a nice "mole"-type flavor. Used on boneless skinless breasts, on the grill, and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first six ingredients.
- Rub mixture on chicken breast halves.
- If making OAMC, freeze in a freezer bag up to 6 months.
- Thaw before grilling.
- To make: Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until done.